I like all the glittery shoes I keep seeing popping up. But I don’t love glitter all over the shoes. It seems to be all or nothing when it comes to glitter on shoes, so I thought I’d try and take a pair of plain jane Target flats I had and see what I could do. I love these Vivienne Westwood heart shoes but I run around in flats a lot of the time, plus at $190 retail, that’s just not happening. So I thought I’d combine what I love about those shoes with what I love about glitter shoes.
So, I made these!
- Some plain flats. Mine are Mossimo from Target, $14.99
- Mod Podge: $10 (a little goes a long way and you can use it for all kinds of projects)
- Glitter (I used fairly fine glitter because I’m hoping it will adhere better than larger pieces) $1.29
- Something to make a stencil. I just used some heavy card stock. I cut several hearts before I got a shape and size I liked.
- Paper to catch all the glitter under the shoes (it’s a little messy)
- Optional: Clear sealer. I don’t know if this is critical but I wanted to see if the additional sealer would hold the glitter on a little better. Other tutorials don’t say anything about a sealer, so you can likely skip this. I just had some around from a previous project.