I buy a lot of sunscreen. A lot. I am fair and burn easily and I was not always good about sun protection, so I am desperately making up for lost time. Sunscreen for the face though, is my enemy. It is often greasy, melty and does not cooperate with makeup. If it gets into your eyes, it stings, ruins mascara and otherwise is just a general pain. Alternatively it is chalky, streaky and leaves you looking a little vampireish. A lot of makeup now has sunscreen in it. But I’ve never really trusted that because unless you are caking on your makeup, it’s doubtful you are getting enough protection.
I used to send away for this liquid sunscreen that was like $45 dollars. From France. I know. But it was honestly the only thing I liked. The other day though I saw this and because it was in a similar type of bottle, and was advertised as a liquid the same as my $45 dollar indulgence, (but at just $10)I thought I’d try it.
- You can wear it under makeup or powder and it doesn’t pill or roll off; powder still looks normal, doesn’t “sit” on top of sunscreen.
- It goes on very smoothly and is very light – not greasy. It’s more of a liquid than a creme.
- It does not fall apart later in the day. In other words it does not turn slick and oily a couple hours after application, which some do.
- It offers a high SPF – 50. While some people say anything over 30 spf is overkill I’m one of those tedious people who think if I double my medication I will get better faster. Just kidding. Kind of. Remember it is still important no matter the SPF, to reapply every couple hours. This is especially true if you are outdoors and/or sweating.
- At about $10 at Target, it’s much cheaper than the one I was buying and a lot cheaper than the other fluid sunscreens I’ve found at dermatologist’s offices. Yes, there’s not a lot in the bottle, but if you’re using it specifically for your face, it will still last since that’s a smaller area.