I am a very poor packer. I either over pack or under pack. I forget critical items like my toothbrush or underwear or medication, but remember to pack three bikinis…for a rainy climate. I hardly ever pack the makeup I need and rarely remember makeup brushes, so am left smudging everything on with my fingertips. This week, after polling some of DYF’s Facebook fans, I decided I should probably get a small kit dedicated to travel. So I went on a quest for a kit that would be easy to travel with. And I found it! The Face & Eye Travel Tool Kit from Sephora.
What I love about this kit:
- Face powder brush does double duty as a powder and blush brush. Yes, I know it’s nice to have one dedicated to both (or several) but when I’m traveling, I try and keep it to a minimum. When I’m switching between powder or blush, I can brush off the excess on a tissue. I’ve actually been using a great gel blush from Pixi at Target so I’ll likely only be using this for powder. Note that the powder brush is not terribly fluffy so if that’s the kind you really want, this isn’t it.
- Quality is good; brushes are soft, don’t lose a lot of hairs and maintain their shape
- Brushes are easily slotted back into the case and the case closes easily and stores very compactly
- Angled brush works really well for eyeliner or eyebrows
- Just $32 for 5 brushes and the case, a good deal for the quality you are getting
I’d love to know what your makeup essentials are when you travel. If you’re up for sharing, please leave a comment. What are those items you just can’t leave home without?