It’s that time of year when they do the Thanksgiving parties at school, the Thanksgiving feats, the plays, the Holiday bake sales and so on. Even if there aren’t Thanksgiving parties at school, these are still great for Thanksgiving itself – not everyone loves pumpkin pie. With that, here are a couple cute options for wowing the kiddos.
1) Oreo Turkeys: Just what it looks like: Oreos, mini Reeces cups, yellow and red tube frosting, malt balls and some black tube frosting for “glue”. The black eye part is a chocolate sprinkle. Image and recipe from the awesome blog Our Best Bites.
2) Pilgrim Hats: From Woman’s Day. Chocolate wafer cookies (Nabisco) mini Reeces and yellow icing for buckle. Click for easy instructions.
3) Waffle Cone Tee-Pees: From stiesthoughts.blogspot.com. This is the most challenging of the five, but the result is adorable.
4) Acorn Kisses: Even I can manage these! From Curbly.com. Though these are quite small, I think they’d be great tucked into a kids lunch or wrapped nicely as a teacher’s gift. It’s just what it looks like: mini Nutter Butters, chocolate chip on top, Hershey’s Kiss, icing or frosting for glue.
5) Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats: Marshmallow dipped in chocolate and stuck onto a Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookie. From Family Fun.